Monday, January 10, 2011

Why I Became Orthodox (Frank Schaeffer Interview)

   As I progress on my journey towards the Orthodox Church I find I very comforting listening and reading different conversion stories to the faith. As I go through many of them I can relate to so many of the questions, issues, and struggles these people have as they make the (spiritual) transition to the Orthodox tradition. Frank Schaeffer (son of the noted evangelical figure Francis Schaeffer) in this interview touches on many of the same things I've questioned and struggled with in my own christian journey. I thought it might be worth sharing with anyone possibly making a move towards the historical church or just people wanting to understand why so many are making the move from Protestantism to Orthodoxy.

    It's also worth noting that the interviewer, Robert Meyering, also converted to Orthodoxy somewhere down the road after this interview. His story can be found HERE.


  Note: I have no idea why it's in black and white as it is fairly recent.                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment